Last night was such a success! Thanks to everyone who was there! In case you weren't able to make it, here's what happened:
- We collected money for both the snack fund, and Michelle's secret project for a certain faculty member. ;) If anyone still wants to add money to either of these, it's not too late! Contact Bekah Nunn for any money that will go towards delicious snacks before the meetings or contact Michelle Mulier for any questions about her project. :)
- Just so everyone is aware: Rico is the animation representative in the student government. He wants to know if we have any suggestions, either for the animation department specifically, or general to the CCAD campus, so he can bring them up with student government and work towards making things happen. :D
Some of the suggestions we got:
- 24 hour computer lab
- classes for programs like Harmony, ZBrush, Maya
- more Drawing For Animation classes
- Bike rack at circle hall
If anyone has any other suggestions (anything at all!) email/facebook us to let us know! :)
- We moved into the labs to listen to the Paperwings Podcast (Episode 10) while we worked on the Cintiqs.
- Then Alex Alvarado arrived! He seemed a little taken aback that there were so many of us there, but was super awesome and we had a really good discussion with him until the labs closed around 9. We took extensive notes during his talk, so if anyone would be interested in a copy of those, please let us know.
Some of the sites we looked at during his talk:
Animation Wage Survey
And that's about it! The leaders are still planning our next meeting, but we'll post on the Facebook page as soon as we can. Stay tuned!